As many of your know just from working with Politis & Matovina, P.A., we take big pride in supporting our communities through charity involvement, fundraising efforts, and more. One of our absolute favorite charities is the American Cancer Society and its Making Strides Against Breast Cancer campaign throughout Volusia and Flagler Counties. This year, we are hosting our first annual Bikers Against Breast Cancer Charity Poker Run as part of the campaign to help raise funds and awareness.
The Bikers Against Breast Cancer Charity Poker Run will be cruising through Volusia and Flagler Counties on Sunday, September 16th, 2018, beginning at 9:30 AM. All proceeds after the prize money is handed out will directly benefit the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Volusia/Flagler campaign.
The Poker Run is an innovative and fun charity bike ride, during which participants collect five playing cards from five locations. The riders will set out from Froggy’s Saloon in Daytona Beach and follow roadside signs and yard signs to direct them to the next location, as well as parking areas for each stop — we have friendly staff members at each location ready to help with parking. The person with the best five-card hand at the end wins the grand prize! There are also five runner-up winners and a last place prize.
Important information about the Poker Run:
- When: Sunday, September 16th, 2018
- Time: Begins at 9:30 AM and ends at around 5:00 PM
- Entry fee: Registration is $20 to ride, $10 for a guest, and $10 for an additional poker hand
- Grand prize: $250 in cash
- Last place prize: $100 in cash
- Bonuses: First 250 registrants get a goody bag, bandana, and t-shirt
- Registration: Text “PokerRun” to 40691 to register on your phone, or visit politispokerrun.eventbrite.com
The Poker Run Card Stops, in order from first to last, are:
- Froggy’s Saloon, 800 Main Street, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 at 9:30 AM
- Oceanside Beach Bar & Grill, 1848 S Oceanshore Boulevard, Flagler Beach, FL 32136 at 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Iron Horse Saloon, U.S. 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174 at 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- The Doug Out Sports Bar & Grill, 2842 S Ridgewood Avenue, South Daytona, FL 32119 at 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- The Holiday Inn Resort, South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 at 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Dirty Harry’s, 705 Main Street, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 at 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
You will notice that Dirty Harry’s is within eyesight of Froggy’s Saloon, making the Bikers Against Breast Cancer Charity Run a full circuit! We will be hosting an after-party with free barbeque and entertainment for participants, as well as the awards ceremony for the winners. You do not want to miss out on all this fun! And remember: it all benefits the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer campaign in Volusia and Flagler Counties!
Would you like to know more about Politis & Matovina, P.A. and our Daytona Beach personal injury attorneys? You can contact us at (386) 333-6613 any time you need us. We accept calls 24/7 for client emergencies.