When summer ends and it is time to go back to school, many young students across the country are settling back into their regular routines of going to school every day, joining after school activities, and completing all of their necessary work on time. With this stability comes peace of mind to a certain degree, but as with any transition, there is a risk of injury or accident. Many accidents that occur amongst children happen in or around their school, because they are less likely to be constantly supervised the way they are when they’re at home with their parents.
The following are the most common back-to-school injuries, as well as ways to avoid them:
- Car accidents – The roads are ever so congested when there are drones of students rushing to make it on time, or rushing to get out the minute the bell rings. Children must be extra aware of their road safety when crossing any streets or in general when they are near traffic, as they may not be 100% visible to all drivers.
- Bus accidents – Many students can’t walk or be dropped off at school, in which case they take the bus and get to enjoy time with their friends before the day starts. However, many children are injured in bus accidents throughout the year. Remind your child to be extra careful entering or exiting the bus, stay seated the entire time while the car is in motion, and always listen to the bus driver’s instructions.
- Biking injuries – If your child rides his or her bike to school, he or she must be very careful when out and about. Even the more careful of children need to be extremely aware of their surroundings, by signaling every time he or she makes a turn, wearing all proper safety gear, and staying out of the way of cars.
- Playground accidents – Your child needs to be supervised on the playground at all times. Bumps and bruises are common, but more serious injuries can occur like broken bones, sprains, or serious scrapes. Make sure your child is always careful and if he or she experiences an injury, he or she needs to let an adult know immediately.
- Pedestrian accidents – Just like car, bus, and bike accidents, your child needs to remain vigilant while crossing the street. Using crosswalks and looking both ways before stepping out into the street can save lives.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or your child has been injured due to an accident that wasn’t your fault, or because of the negligence of another, we at Politis & Matovina, P.A. are willing to fight on your behalf. We understand how stressful the impact of an injury can be, not only for your professional life, but for your personal life as well. This is why we work so incredibly hard to make sure the process of obtaining compensation goes as smoothly as possible.
There is no need to draw out the procedure of attaining the monetary compensation you or your child deserves, whether it be for your loss of work, medical bills, or pain and suffering. Our personal injury lawyers will apply all of our education and experience to your case to best ensure it goes smoothly, so you can get back on your feet in no time.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today with any questions or to schedule a consultation, by calling (386) 333-6613.